Professional Developers of Iowa
The Professional Developers of Iowa (PDI) is an organization of economic development professionals working to grow and develop Iowa’s economic base. PDI’s more than 310 members come from a variety of disciplines: county and regional developers, community developers, utilities, legal and financial firms, universities, community colleges, engineering and construction firms, and rail transportation companies.
Purpose & Mission Statement
PDI is a voluntary group of professional economic development personnel affiliated for the purpose of furthering the development of the economic base of the State of Iowa. Primary among the purposes of the organization are:
Become a member
- Fostering cooperation and mutual support among the members;
- Using the collective expertise of the members to provide guidance and direction to policymakers as it pertains to economic development;
- Working consistently to enhance the long-term competitive posture of the State of Iowa as it pertains to economic development;
- Providing the means for members to informally exchange ideas and development techniques; and
- Affording members the opportunity to enhance their knowledge, expertise, confidence, and professionalism through a varied program of educational activities.