Growing Iowa and Creating Economic Opportunity
PDI members passionately support continuation of business tax credits including the Research Activities Credit, Angel Investor Tax Credit, Renewable Chemical Production Tax Credit, Redevelopment Tax Credits, Workforce Housing Tax Credits, and the High-Quality Jobs Program.
PDI supports additional income tax reform that continues to improve Iowa’s competitive position, is growth oriented, is simple and understandable, provides predictability, certainty, and permanence, is fair and responsible, and has a clear transition path to implementation, all while protecting and maintaining local control of city, school, and county government.
Recovery and Mitigation
Implementation of the recommendations of the Governor’s Economic Recovery Advisory Board.
- Creation of immediately available financial resources for COVID and natural disaster relief.
- Continued support for businesses and organizations adversely impacted by the pandemic.
Workforce Recruitment and Retention
Strongly support the continued funding of the Future Ready Iowa Initiative.
- Fully funding, and growing Iowa’s jobs training and apprenticeship programs.
- Investment in a quality education system, from early childhood to post-secondary
- New programs and funds to address issues pertaining to childcare throughout the state.
Economic Development Environment
Working with IEDA and other partners to ensure tax credits and economic development assistance tools and programs demonstrating a positive ROI are fully funded and supported.
- Renewing the Brownfield/Grayfield Program and setting it on a sustainable path for the future.
- Expanding and Workforce Housing Tax Credit Program
- Protecting tax increment financing (TIF) and other local development tools.
- Continued funding and support for all aspects of Empower Rural Iowa, especially the providing of adequate resources for broadband expansion throughout the state.
- Focus on financial support for creative placemaking and quality of life/place initiatives.
- Attract new residents to Iowa through student loan, childcare, and other forms of assistance.
Fair and Responsible Tax Reform
Support for the Governor’s Invest in Iowa Act to address quality of life/placemaking, water quality, income tax reform, and property tax reform through reformed mental health funding.
- Build off 2018 tax reform to make Iowa’s corporate and individual income tax more competitive.
- Showcase the return on investment of Iowa’s tax credits in any potential corporate tax reform.
- Emphasize making Iowa the most attractive state for the workforce of tomorrow.
Investment in Iowa’s Infrastructure
Continued investment in Iowa’s water quality and existing infrastructure.
- Innovative funding mechanisms for Iowa’s transportation infrastructure.
- Investment in broadband expansion to meet the needs of businesses, remote workers, students, and telehealth alike.
- Making resources available to fund Iowa’s levies and flood mitigation systems.
For More Information Contact:
Kelly Halsted, Legislative Committee Co‐Chair – 515-955‐8909; Email Kelly
Drew Kamp, Legislative Committee Co‐Chair – 402-415-7207; Email Drew
Nick Glew, Legislative Committee Co-Chair - 319-743-4724; Email Nick
Amy Campbell, Lobbyist – 515-554‐5838; Email Amy
Craig Patterson, Lobbyist – 515-554‐7920; Email Craig
The Professional Developers of Iowa (PDI) is a statewide non‐profit organization of more than 320 practicing economic development professionals dedicated to expanding the economy of the State of Iowa. For decades, PDI has successfully represented the collective economic development interests of both the private and public sectors by providing leadership in defining and promoting statewide economic development. Iowa is competing daily against every state in the nation, and increasingly, against every country in the world. PDI believes that for Iowa to be successful with its economic development initiatives, PDI must create a business climate that builds on Iowa’s strengths, expands the state’s tax base, creates, and retains high‐paying jobs, and builds industries of the future.
Professional Developers of Iowa
400 East Court Ave, Suite 126
Phone: (515) 243-4585